Friday, May 28, 2010

Where has the week gone...

I cannot believe it is Friday already. We had a safe flight on Tuesday, got in around 8:15pm. Mike and Kelly picked us up. Of course with the time change I had trouble falling asleep and was up until 2am. Wednesday me and my mom went to the dansko outlet so I could get shoes for work. They sell them for 1/2 price, it is great and I wish I could buy a bunch and ship them back to CA for all my co-workers. That will be a stop for sure each time I am in town. That night we had dinner at my sister's house with the girls. I can't get over how chatty Ella has gotten. Yesterday we got our toes done and then went to The Desmond to see the Chatterband. Great time except for the rain. Last night I spent the night at my sister's. We had decided that we'd bring Sadie in to my sister's bed to sleep with us. Then my sister said, why don't we get Ella too. I went and got her and brought her over. Within minutes my sister and Sadie were sound asleep. Ella and I chatted, I should say Ella chatted, for about an hour. "hey Aunt Jen, what are you doing?", "Aunt Jen look at the perfect fan that pop put in", on and on and on. At around 1am I called my husband and had him listen in. I finally was able to get her to lay next to me in the bed and shortly after she fell asleep. By that point I had no room and did not want to move her and wake her so I put a pillow in my spot and one on the floor and headed to Sadie's bed for a few hours sleep. I had a blast but am a little sleepy today. Relaxing today then going to dinner tonight with my parents. It has finally cooled off but will be back in the high 80's tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe:)

1 comment:

  1. "husband" ha! what a great call that was -- thankfully i'm 3hrs behind over here on the left coast... the only coast. I'm amazed that mom and sister slept through that boisterous display of vocabulary! but i guess mom gets used to it and sister is sound asleep anyway. Translation... aunt jen gets to deal with it and get the 3-4hrs of sleep! But somehow its all worth it!

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete