Saturday, May 8, 2010

surprise visitor...

Last night I got a really good night sleep and slept until 9:00am today. That's a record for me. We got a phone call around 9pm from Dr. Dirbas. He was checking in to see how I was doing. I told him that I have been trying to get off the pain pills but told him when I've waiting 5-6 hours between pills then I am really in a lot of pain. He told me not to try to be strong and that I had his permission to take the pills. He told me that the patients that he has had that have tried to go without the pain medication, it takes them much longer to get full range of motion back in their arms. I told him I was concerned because my surgery was Monday and he said that he has had patients that have been on the pain medication for 2 weeks straight and that it is ok. I will be taking him up on his advice and using the pain meds that I was given.

My mom and I went for a 45 minute walk today. It was so nice but of course she complained the entire time and kept asking when we'd be home!! When we got home we were sitting out at the table waiting for Mark to get back from golfing. He arrived around 1:30pm and all of I sudden I heard this voice say "hi honey I'm home". I was my Dad:) I couldn't believe it, thought I was dreaming. They pulled it off, I was completely surprised. It is so great to have them both here.

Tonight the girl's are going to Stacy's house for a "ladies night" party. The men will be dropping us off and picking us up. They plan to get dinner somewhere. I am looking forward to getting out of the house and seeing all my friend's.

Cheers:)

No comments:

Post a Comment