I had lots of trouble sleeping last night. Was up until 3am and slept until 9:30. I am super tired and know that I will sleep well tonight, can't wait.
Well this morning I was excited to see that my drain had no output and was ready to come out. I sent Dr. P a text message to see if he could remove it today. I planned to get there around 12:30. First I had a dentist appt. I was only going in for an exam. My appt time was 11:10am. Well I sat and waited and waited and every time I tried to go up to the desk, the girl would walk away or get on the phone. They called me back at 11:40 and then told me that he was finishing up with a pt but had 2 others in front of me. I knew I had to be at Stanford by 12:30 so at that point I just said forget I need to reschedule. When I headed back to the desk I had to wait another 5 minutes to do that. I was so frustrated that I was in the office for 40 minutes and did not even see the dentist, oh well. Rescheduled for Friday first appt of the day, should work better.
We headed up to Stanford to meet Dr. P to remove my drain. I meant to take percocet before we got there but I did not eat breakfast so that was out of the question. I know from previous drain removal it does hurt, even though they tell you it doesn't. Well, I must say, I think this was the worst one I've ever had removed (probably not but I just blocked out the previous times). I let out a scream which was followed by tears. The pain lasted for probably just a minute but to me it felt like much longer. It was so nice of Dr. P to remove the drain for me. I am so thankful to have so many supporters. It feels so nice not having something hanging from me. I will be able to get a real shower tomorrow, one where I am not having to cover up my drain. Can't wait!
From there we (mom and me) headed to lunch then lots of errands. My mom bought us such nice plants for the back area and got them all planted. It really looks nice. I just have to hope they are still alive when I get back from PA (don't think Mark will water them when I am gone). Tonight's dinner is chicken on the grill with asparagus followed by the House season finale.
Time to try to relax
No comments:
Post a Comment