After enjoying a few hours with my Dad on Saturday, my mom and I headed to Stacy's for "ladies night". I decided to get dressed up and wear a dress. It was so painful to put on, what a mistake. As soon as I got it on I wanted to take it off but I knew it would hurt too much. I brought my PJ's to change in to at Stacy's house. I made it 1 hour in my dress then had to change. My personal nurse Joti (she was my dayshift nurse when I was in the hospital) was there and helped me change in to my PJ's and also changed my dressing. Thanks Joti for everything. There were about 15 or so girls, great turnout. Everyone showed up with a hat on and little did I know they were all for me. When Stacy finally got me to sit down, Stacy and Monika brought over 2 gift baskets. I got lots of cute things, books, scarves, socks, magazines, scrapbook kit, etc. After the gifts were opened Judith hooked up her karaoke machine. That's when the real party started. I was getting pretty tired so Mark picked us up around 9:30. I can't thank everyone enough for such a wonderful night. I am so blessed to have so many friends that care so much for me. I know this is going to be a hard road ahead but with all my girls at my back it will be a piece of cake. Love you all!
Sunday morning my dad made us a nice breakfast. I did not eat much because I made the mistake of taking my pills on an empty stomach, I was so nauseous. A few hours after breakfast I got a phone call from my brother who was with my sister and Kelly. They told me to log on to facebook and check out the pictures, they had a surprise for me. My brother, sister and other friends did the "race for the cure" (this brought tears to my eyes). They raised over $3000.00 and did it in honor of me. My brother had Chris make shirts that said "team Jen round 2". Thank you to all that donated and participated, here is the site:
http://rfcphl.convio.net/site/TR/Race/General?pg=team&fr_id=1040&team_id=40243
Just when I thought my day could not get any better my friend Becky posted a link on my facebook page and told me to check it out. I met Becky 2 years ago at the 3 day walk. She is a nurse at Stanford too. Becky has decided to do the 3 Day again this year and her team name is "team Jen Lapole". I am so honored. Please check out her site and help her reach her goal:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR?px=1864791&fr_id=1470&pg=personal
The last great thing of the day was when my friend Linda posted a picture on my facebook page that said "thinking of you" below the picture. The picture is of her from the back, at the race for the cure today in philadephia, with a pink paper on her back with my name on it. I met Linda 4 years ago when I was diagnosed the first time. She too was battling the horrible disease and is close to my age so it was great meeting her and having her to chat with. Thanks Linda, keep keeping on!
I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. I love you all...
Sounds like you have such wonderful friends out in California and team Jen here was a great idea. Sorry your drain isn't out yet. I'm sure that isn't fun, but hopefully by next week you'll forget all about it. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteAmy G