Saturday, May 22, 2010

catching up

It has been a few days so I will catch everyone up on my days. On Thursday we went to Stack's in the morning for breakfast and then headed to Stanford for my f/u with Dr. Dirbas. Before the appt we stopped at C2 to say hello and introduce my mom to Karen. We had a nice visit but had to get to the cancer center. My appointment time was 1pm and he entered the room around 2:30pm. He said that everything looked fine and he would see me in a year if not sooner if I need to see him. When we got home Mark and I went for a little walk.

Friday I had my second attempt at the dentist office. I only waited 5 minutes then was taken back. I was told I need a crown and a filling. Got all this scheduled around my chemo. It is not a good idea to go when your counts are down so I scheduled them 2 weeks after each treatment. From there we went and met Monika for coffee, quick visit. Then we headed back to Stanford for our appt with a genetic counselor. On the way we stopped at Rach's house to p/u a meal she prepared for us, thanks Rach:) The appt went well and I learned so much. They recommended one more genetic test called BART which looks a little closer at the BRCA genes. Both MD's feel that it will come back negative but fetl it will really complete the testing if we do it. The feeling is that it was caused by the environment (that is at the moment with the information and testing that they have, who's to say they won't find a different gene in years to come). I did decide to go ahead and get the BART test done, just a simple blood test. I will get the results in a week to week and a half.

We are still deciding the plans for today. Mark would like to take my mom to the spot where he proposed. It is a little hike to get up there but I think my mom has it in her. I'll blog tomorrow and let everyone know how it went.

1 comment:

  1. Suz did great (except for some early complaining)! Glad she got to see the spot where her favorite son-in-law proposed to her daughter! A little windy but a fairly easy 4 mile walk/hike with some nice scenery and seclusion. Like that she got to see how the folks from 3000 miles away live... at least on some weekends. Always good to get outside, but of course Sundays are for relaxing -- and golf final rounds!

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete