Sunday, August 1, 2010

lazy day

This week really went by fast. I finally started to feel better on Wednesday. Sunday and Monday slept most of the day, more so Monday. On Tuesday I was feeling better, just depressed and talked myself out of doing anything. I was determined to get myself back to normal Wednesday and ended up on a 3 hour walk, much more like myself. I was super excited to actually have 3 chemo's down and only 3 to go but then I started thinking it is like I have to do it all over again. The thought just made me very upset. As most of you know I am not one to sit around so when I am given a drug that makes/requires me to sleep and sit around the house it is very upsetting. It is one thing if I decide to lay low for the day but another when I am forced to. I then remembered that my mom and sister will be here for my next treatment and my parents will be here for my last. I am so excited to have the company and can't be at better times. My mom and sister will be here in a week and a half. So excited! The end of my week went fast and yesterday me and Mark went to Pinnacles for an all day hike. Friday night I looked at the trail map and mapped out a 12.2 mile hike which sounded great. We were fine until we got to the second to last trail. It was a 2 mile uphill climb in mostly direct sun at 130 in the afternoon. Needless to say we had to stop every 10-15 minutes for a rest. By the time all was said and done we had hiked (pretty strenuous) for 5 1/2 hours. It really was nice. Today was painful getting out of bed and down the stairs. Not doing much but relaxing today, maybe making it to the pool. Looking forward to a week of feeling well. I'll write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment