Thursday, August 19, 2010

appointment

Well not only was I having real bad bone pain today but I had to have my echo done and see a cardiologist. I was planning to go by myself but given my pain, I called Mark at lunch and asked him if he could come home and take me. Of course his response was yes. I had my echo done first then headed up to see the cardiologist. It was great to have it all done in one day (had my stress test on Monday). The good news is there is no damage to my heart. The bad news is I have a pericardial effusion, or fluid around my heart. As a result of this I had an abnormal EKG and this is also why I have been having chest pain. This could, and hopefully is, all caused from the one chemo that I am getting. The other possibility is cancer. The doctor would like me to get an echo again in one month and if the fluid amount is the same or less I'll get another one in a month from that. Depending on what that echo shows I will either need another one in a month or he will push it to three months. If there is more fluid around my heart on the next echo in a month he will drain the fluid and of course test it to see if it is cancer. The only other testing I may need is anything additional that my oncologist may order given the test results (hope nothing is ordered). For now I am for sure not running and just waiting a month for my next echo. At this point I am not worried about it. Why be when there is nothing that I can do to change it. The fluid is there and there is nothing I did or did not do that made this happen. Just hoping that once I am finished chemo it will all be gone and I can move on. I can honestly say that going to the appt I thought for sure the doctor was going to walk in the room and tell me everything was normal and it was nice meeting me. Now I have yet another doctor to add to my list at 33, great!!!

Off to watch Housewives of D.C. and then to bed. I am getting together with Jill tomorrow and hoping to get a nice long walk in if I feel better. Really looking forward to seeing Jill and hearing all about her recent trip. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment