Thursday, August 19, 2010

overdue

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay. I had treatment last week and had my mom and sister in town until yesterday. Here is a quick recap:
Wednesday: My mom and sister arrived. Went to get pedicures, lunch, then did a wine tasting. Had dinner in that night and in bed early.

Thursday: Up early for chemo at Stanford. I was more anemic and had low platelets but nothing too serious. My oncologist told me that I need to stop running and take it easy so that I can get the last 2 tx. I was not happy about that but I guess I have to listen to her. I had a feeling that I was anemic b/c when I went for a run 2 days before my tx I got so winded so early in the run. I also had to tell her about the chest pain I had. The week before my tx I had some chest pain but thought it was muscular. Then while I was running it happened again and when I stopped to walk it went away. I thought this was important to mention to her. She ordered and EKG and told me she'd have her husband (stanford cardiologist) take a look at it. When I got home I got a phone call from his nurse telling me that the EKG was abnormal and he wants me to get a stress test and an echo and then see him. I had the stress test on Monday and get the echo today at 2:40 and see him at 3. I am not really worried about it but will be glad when I hear from him that everything was fine. Mark is leaving work early and taking me to my appt. I'll write an update tonight when I get home.

Friday: We took a drive to Napa for some wine tasting and a tour. We did the cave tour at Rutherford, it was real neat. That night we took Mark to the airport (he had his Reno golf trip).

Saturday: Got up and took a walk then my mom cooked us a yummy breakfast. My sister and I went and laid by the pool for a few hours. We headed to Lynda's house for some food and drinks with her and Rhonda. It was a nice night spent with the ladies!

Sunday: my down day:( I slept all day but thankfully had my mom and sister checking in on me, feeding me and giving me my pills. I love my fam.

Monday: Feeling better, took another walk in the am. I was not feeling that great so we decided to lay low during the day. Plus I had my stress test at 4 that day. We hung by the pool again for a few hours then headed to Menlo Park for my stress test. From the stress test we went and had a drink and an appetizer. We finished just in time to make it to our spa appts at Watercourse Way. It was so relaxing and wonderful. For the first hour we were in our private tub room that had a hot tub, cold plunge and steam room. Then the next hour we each had a massage. I think we all really needed them. At this point we were starving so we decided to go to Flemings for dinner. I was craving a nice steak. Dinner was great finish to the day.

Tuesday: We decided the night before that we would just get up whenever and decide what we were going to do when we got up. After breakfast we all agreed we'd head to Carmel for the day. Of course when we got there it was still chilly and cloudy. By noon the sun had come out. We did some shopping and walked down to the beach. I had to get back b/c I was making dinner for the gang for their last night. I started my sauce and then picked Mark up from the airport at 7. We had a nice dinner together but sad b/c it was our last night together.

Wednesday: Up early to take mom and sister to the airport. It was so wonderful having them here and a great distraction after my 4th tx. I am so blessed to have a great family. Can't wait to see them again.

Today: I am having bad back pain similar to the after the first treatment. Not sure why it would happen again this time and why a week later. I just took 3 advil and waiting for Mark to get here to take me to my appt. I'll for sure update later tonight when I get home.

Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment