As I am sure most of you know I did get my third of six chemo treatments on Thursday. My counts were excellent and no question I'd be getting chemo that day. Well, my oncologist was behind but all in all it went smoothly. My treatment was to start at 10:30am which got started around 11:45, not too bad. We got home around 3:30 and I had my mind set on going for a long walk. I headed out on what I planned to be an hour and a half walk. As I got 15 minutes in to my walk I thought, why don't I do a walk run? I started running with all intention to stop at the corner, when I got to the corner I felt great and kept running. Corner after corner came and before I knew it I was home and had run for an hour! So proud of myself knowing that the next few days won't be that easy. As usual we went out for a special dinner to Sino. Dinner was great and a big celebration for being 1/2 done, love my husband!
For whatever reason I slept all day Friday, oh well. Got out of bed around 4pm and hit the sofa. When Mark got home we did go for a short walk just so I could say I got out of the house. I slept in on Saturday but when Mark got home from the gym we went for a longer walk this time. It felt great to get outside and enjoy the sun. I was tired after the walk but we had to go to the grocery store to get food for our dinner party, got invited to the Cox's for a BBQ. I decided that I was going to make sour cream pound cake. I had it all made and in the oven and went upstairs for a rest. I told Mark to call me when the timer went off in an hour. Well I tried my hardest to sleep but was so worried about my cake. The cake came out great and we headed out to dinner at the Cox's. It was great to see Stacy and Steve, nice casual evening. My favorite kind of night. Home by 8:45 and in bed by 9:30 for me. Today, another lazy Sunday as usual. We just watched "Where the Wild Things are" and have "Shutter Island" next on the list. Can't forget entourage tonight. Not much planned this week until Thursday I have my yearly f/u with my plastic surgeon. Nothing to worry about just routine procedure.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Feeling ok this time just super tired but glad I am not dealing with the nausea.
No comments:
Post a Comment