Thursday, August 12, 2010

honest

This post is going to be very true to what I am really feeling so if you don't like it, don't read.

I think about things and hear songs and I cannot imagine my life without Mark. I know he puts up with so much of my shit but I truly cannot imagine one minute without him. We are not the most "lovey dovey" couple but I know deep down in my heart that we are soul mates. He is my rock and gets me through so much. As hard as I am on him I cannot imagine my life with anyone else.

I will tell you that friends used to tell me, you'll know when you meet him, and I always thought they were full of s---. When I met Mark within minutes/months I knew that I'd be spending the rest of my life with him. We were only dating when I had breast cancer the first time and his love and support really made my thoughts come true that he was the one. I know I waited 7 years but it was well worth it. That is all of have to say for now but I had to give a tribute to my wonderful husband. I could not and would not ask for anyone else. I love Mark Lapole and looking forward to growing old with him.

1 comment:

  1. dear Jen,
    I feel very lucky to be able to say that I understand how you feel about your husband. Paul and I waited 7 years before marrying too, and it was definitely worth the wait. We've had our share of troubles too - not that they compare to yours - and like you, I can't imagine life without him. We're not real lovey dovey either, but I make sure I lay on the mush every once in awhile - just to make sure he still knows I'm crazy about him. Hope this next treatment goes well. Thinking of you -
    Barb.

    ReplyDelete