Sunday, June 13, 2010

So tired

Well I had my first treatment on Thursday. It was a very long day. Started with labs at 9:30 then saw the doctor around 11am and headed for chemo at 1130. They were behind so I did not get called back until 1240. By the time he got everything started it was 2pm. The infusion went smoothly, no reactions. Mark was by my side the entire time, he is a great husband. We just chatted for most of the time and then he got us lunch. I think I closed my eyes for a few minutes. I even had a few other visitors, Stacy, Dr. Presti, Karen, and Cecilia, that was a nice surprise. At one point I got a little nervous that we were being too loud:) We left the cancer center around 4:30 and were determined to go home and get ready and go out for a nice dinner. That is our goal, a nice dinner after each treatment. So we headed to La Fondue in Saratoga. I was able to enjoy a lovely dinner with Mark, no problems. Home and to bed for both of us.

Early Friday morning I was woken by a dream that I had vomited. When I did actually wake up my stomach felt terrible. My zofran and compazine weren't due for 2 more hours. I went downstairs and got some crackers and water and fell back asleep. My stomach was touch and go all day. Lynda arrived in the morning with a bagel then we headed out for a walk which I managed to do but it was difficult. I got a shower later that afternoon and I felt so out of shape, it is crazy. For the most part I was still feeling ok the day after. I gave myself my nuelasta shot at 5 and then Stacy and Jaime stopped after work and I was able to chat for a few hours and even drank a glass (or 2) of wine. I really needed a girls night.

Saturday morning I started feeling the bone aches and tiredness that I remember from last time. I was able to get out of bed around 10 to eat go for a walk and then we even went to the pool. I did come home and nap after the pool but all in all an ok day. One thing I did notice today my taste buds are gone. Nothing tastes good or even sounds good for that matter. Water does not even taste right:(

As hard as today was I knew I had to get on here and type. I have done nothing but sleep all day. My body hurts, even my mouth, and all I want to do is sleep. Mark did not realize I would feel this bad today and had made plans to golf. Thankfully Lynda called me at 10 and then at 11 and insisted on coming over and bringing me a bagel. If it wasn't for her I would not have had anything to eat until Mark got home. I don't even feel like drinking water but know I have to for my bodies sake. I have finally mustard up enough energy to get a cup of coffee and call my sister and the girls and my parents. I knew hearing all of their voices would cheer me up. Not sure what is in store for tomorrow but sure hope it is better then today.

I apologize if some of this does not make sense, think I am getting chemo brain already...

2 comments:

  1. Saw this today and wanted to share it with you... hope each day you feel stronger.

    I will fight.
    I celebrate life.
    I can not predicate the course of my cancer.
    I will live each day for what it is and give thanks that I got to show up.
    And marvel at the beauty in it all.
    Live in the light, not in the fear.

    Breathe in. Breathe out.
    It truly is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I am thinking of you so much and sending positive, loving thoughts your way. You inspire me daily. XO

    ReplyDelete