Well I must say that work was better then I had expected. I had a pretty straight forward group, nothing crazy. The weekends at work generally tend to be less crazy. No management, no surgeries scheduled, residents usually come in the am to write orders and that's it. It actually kept my mind off of my own stuff, for most of the day.
Like I said in my last post, I slept great Friday night. I figured I'd be fine Saturday night because I had worked a 12 hour shift. Wrong...I started to fall asleep on the sofa around 10pm but before I could get in to a deep sleep I headed up to bed. Once I got there I was wide awake. I laid there for hours thinking , hearing and feeling my heart pounding. This went on until 130am or so, it may have even been later. Next thing I knew I rolled over and the clock said 5. I felt fine until noon when I realized I had over 7 more hours of work. Thankfully we were slower in the evening and I was able to leave at 6pm (thanks Monika!).
Home now trying to stay awake. I am sure I will be in bed within the hour. Have off tomorrow then back to work for 2 more 12 hour shifts.
Good night everyone...
Your patients are so lucky to have your bright smile and great personality to make their day! Hang in there Jen! :) Got your msg today, I'll call you tomorrow. I wanted to catch up on your blog and see how you were doing. I did the same thing, cut my hair off when I found out I was going to have chemo. I figured that I could dye the stubble like, pink, and when it started to fall out, I'd look like a pink cheetah! lol! I didn't though, so I just looked like a cancer patient. Lmao. Your voice through this blog is amazing, and inspirational. Great job! Ciao for now, :D ~mary anne
ReplyDelete