Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Happy Breast Cancer Awarness Month

Wow, what a great couple of weeks it has been with my mom and dad here. I am sitting here watching them pack as I type, so sad:( After my last post we were on our way to Morro Bay. Usually 60's there but while we were in town it was in the 70's and beautiful. We drove back to Campbell on Wednesday and met up with my parent's friends Peg and Ed. By this point I am feeling very well (from my last tx). We took them to Testarossa for a wine tasting then all came back to get ready for dinner. We went to Steamer's in Los Gatos for dinner for Mark's birthday. This restaurant is very special to my dad. It is were Mark ask my dad if he could have my hand in marriage (which of course my dad announced as he made his toast at dinner that night:) . Thursday morning we headed to Napa for some wine tasting. I was the DD which I must say was not as bad as I had expected. It was nice to be on the other side for once, Mark is always my driver. From Napa we drove to Glen Ellen which is in Sonoma and where the house was we were staying at for 2 nights. What a beautiful house. I love the wood burning fireplace, we had a fire both nights. On Friday we had a limo pick us up and we went wine tasting in Sonoma. Saturday morning we got up and headed to San Fran to drop Peg and Ed off so they could spend 2 nights in the city. For Mark, mom, dad, and me we had a surprise for Mark that night for his birthday. We took him to the Mountain Winery, had dinner, and saw Wanda Sykes. What a great show and great laughs. To finish off a great vacation for us all, Sunday we spend the night at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay. Mark and I were there last year and decided to get my parents a gift card to use the next time they came out. We both had rooms with a fire pit on the porch facing the 18th hole overlooking the water. Unfortunately the clouds were pretty thick and we could not see a sunset. Still amazing though. After breakfast Monday we drove to Palo Alto to pick up Peg and Ed at the train station. Mark gave them the Stanford tour while I had my appt in the radiation Department to get verified and one more tattoo. I start radiation on Monday 10/11. Last night was a great dinner, thanks to Mark, here with everyone. Now, like I said, watching my parents pack, boo hoo hoo.

I'll be seeing them off and write more in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment