I am done 2 weeks of radiation. Wow how fast it is going. My week went well. I was a little tired on Thursday so just came home and took a 2 hour nap and I did not care at all!! That is one thing that I really had to get used to with all of this is to listen to my body and not feel bad when I have to sleep in, sleep all day, or nap. That was hard for me to get used to but I am there now. I used to beat myself about napping and not walking/running. Not anymore. My skin is holding up but I did notice today that I have a pink/red area under my arm. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I'll see the doctor early this week. Until then, lots of lotion.
Several months ago I reconnected with the YSC (young survival coalition), a group of survivors under the age of 40. I had been involved when I lived in PA and recently found the NorCal chapter and have been on the email list. I've wanted to attend different events but they never worked out with my chemo schedule. I got an email last week that they were having a "wine and cheese" night at one of the members house in San Jose. When I googled the address I found that it was 5 minutes down the road from me, right behind Ebay (where Mark works). I RSVP'd that I'd be there. I have done the support group thing before and it never really worked out for me but I had hopes that this would be different because of the age group and there would be wine there, you can't go wrong with that! It started at 6:30 and I figured I'd be there for no longer then 2 hours. It was a nice turnout, about 8 ladies. We varied in age from 28yrs old to 40. We sat around and talked about cancer, our stories and other topics, it was great. At one point I looked at my watch and it was 9pm and the next time I checked it was 10:30pm. It felt like we had only been there for an hour or so. It actually was so nice to sit around and talk about cancer (never thought I'd say that). I left feeling really happy and really glad that I attended. Of course I volunteered to have another wine/cheese night at my place!
Tomorrow I have radiation at 1130 then 10 the rest of the week. Monika will be driving me to treatment in the morning. I plan to take a nice long walk tomorrow afternoon. You know what, if I am tired I'll just take a nap:)
G.Night.....
No comments:
Post a Comment