Sunday, September 26, 2010

done and done

Well I can officially announce that I am DONE chemo! I had my 6th and final tx on Wednesday. What a wonderful feeling. I also met me new oncologist. She is the same doctor that I saw when I had my first treatment. In a way it was nice seeing her the first and the last. My original oncologist took a position at Genentech with only 11 days notice. Treatment went as well as expected. We finished treatment and went directly to the airport to p/u my parents, talk about timing. I was so afraid we were going to be late but we made it. My next appt with my oncologist will be in 3-4 weeks and then from there to be determined. On Thursday, while shopping with my mom, I got a call from my cardiologists office regarding my echo. Good news is the fluid around my heart is the same, stable as they call it. They did however see fluid in my lung (so they thought). I got a chest x-ray and was told that there is NO fluid in my lung, great news. As for the fluid around my heart, we are going to get an echo in 6 weeks to see if it gone. If in fact it is from chemo then the fluid should be gone in 6 weeks when I get the echo. Not much I can do about it now. My doc did tell me to start taking aleve once in the morning and one at night to help with the pain that I get in my chest. As for running, if it hurts while running, I need to stop. Given that I just finished 6 chemo tx I am going to continue to take it easy, just do my long walks. No reason to rush back in to things. I have an appt on 10/4 to get more tattoos and more images done then I will start radiation on 10/11. All in all, a good few days with good news:)

It is so nice having my parents here. What a great way to finish up my chemo. We took it easy the first 2 days then made it to Amy and Dema's wedding Friday night at the Cliff House. It was so amazing, congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Brinza! Yesterday my mom and Mark golfed while I slept all day. My dad stayed home to take care of me (make me toast!). Today we are heading down to Morro Bay and will be back on Wednesday to meet up with Peg and Ed. I'll write when we get back in town.
Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment