I am almost done my first week of radiation, one more day to go. This week was a little different from the ones to follow. They had to take x-rays and do checks and other things so the appts have been longer. As of today, all the kinks are worked out. They will be doing x-rays once a week and I'll be meeting with my doctor and the nurses (for a skin check) on Thursday's. My skin is a little, I mean little, pink (noticed tonight) and this afternoon I felt so tired. I really think it is just this week and the previous catching up to me (well hoping anyway), I did have a busy week. I'll keep you all posted.
Wednesday evening Stacy came over after work and we went out for dinner and drinks. I have not seen her for weeks and it was nice to relax and catch up. Today I walked to get a mani/pedi then met up with Monika at her house for coffee. After coffee Monika, and her daughter Natalie, took me to my radiation appt (thanks Monika). Tonight Mark and I went to the mall for a few things for our trip. We are headed to Palm Springs tomorrow for our 1 year anniversary which is Saturday. I cannot wait for 9am Saturday when I'll be in the spa getting a massage.
I talked to Stacy on Wednesday about my radiation appts Mon-Fri and transportation. She posted on the site "lots of helping hands" that I needed a ride next week from Tues-Friday. The next morning I had emails confirming rides from my C2 family for each day, thx ladies (Amy, Jaime, Mary, Hazel). I feel so loved and am so thankful for wonderful co-workers. It will be so nice to not have to worry about driving and great to have someone with me.
Tomorrow brings 7am radiation and 10:40 flight to Palm Springs, yahooooooooooo...
No comments:
Post a Comment