Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Way late...

As I am sure many of you know the last post was the day my parents left and I was writing how sad I was to see them leave. Little did they know I'd show up at the airport and surprise them. They left the house 30 minutes before I did in the rental car with Peg and Ed. I quickly packed, showered and headed to the airport with my little bag. I zipped through security and located the gate number. While I was heading to the gate I did see my dad buying a drink but he did not see me. When I got to the gate, Peg was sitting facing me and my mom was facing the opposite (with her back to me). It was great! I walked up and said, "is anyone going to philly". I wish I had a picture of my mom's face. It was priceless. Her first reaction was, what did we forget? I cannot believe she thought that security would let me through b/c my mom forgot something. She then grabbed my boarding pass and realized I was really heading to PA. My dad then arrived at the gate and was also speechless. The surprise did not end there. I had Kelly pick me up at the airport and take me to my brothers house. He thought that she needed a paper signed (which I think she did). She called him when we got there and told him to come to the back door and let her in. There I stood. He was not expecting me at all. The next day, Wednesday, my parents had the day off and my sister happened to call and asked if she could come over for lunch. She got there and I hid upstairs. Once she was in the house I came down and in to the kitchen and said, "who invited you". She fell over on to the kitchen table, it was great. That night my sister was at her house with Sadie getting clothing for her dance class and I showed up and rang the doorbell. I put a scarf on my head b/c the last few times I talked to Sadie she asked me to wear my wig when I come home b/c she is scared of my bald head. Sadie looked at me through the window and ran away, uh oh. My sister let me in and Sadie was hiding in the kitchen crying. We let her know that it was ok and I took my scarf off and told her to feel my little fuzzy hair I had. She said, oh it's fuzzy and was fine from that point on. I then got Ella that night when my sister picked her up. It was so great surprising everyone and enjoying the week before radiation started.

On Thursday I met my friend Jesse for coffee/lunch and mani/pedi. We had a nice afternoon. I was glad we were able to meet up b/c last time I was home it did not work out. That night my sister and I met Daryl, Tiff, Jason, Beth, Sean, and Lisa for dinner at Kooma in West Chester. We had a great dinner, wish I had more time to spend with them. Friday night was the big sleepover at my parents house. My sister and the girls spent the night and my brother and Kelly came over to watch the Phillies game. It was a fun night, lots of dancing and running around with the girls. On Saturday me, my mom, and sister took the girls the Merrymead farm to pick pumpkins. Saturday night my sister and I went out for dinner with my mom and dad and then met my brother and his friends at his house. Sunday was relaxing and saying goodbye to everyone then up at 4:00am on Mondya for my flight. When I got back Monday Mark picked me up and we headed to Palo Alto to p/u my friend Jill at the train station. We did the Palo Alto/Stanford tour then headed to the cancer center for my first radiation appt. I must admit I was nervous. I know that it will be nothing compared to chemo but it is the unknown that made me nervous (I did not have radiation the first time around). After radiation we stopped by our house then went to Santana Row for dinner. After dinner we took Jill to the airport just in time. Thankfully her flight was 10 minutes delayed. It was so great seeing her even though it was only for the afternoon. Tuesday was dentist and radiation and today was oncologist and radiation. The first 2 appts took longer b/c they are still working out the bugs (not sure that sounds good). Today's appt only took about 20 minutes, not bad at all. I also had a f/u with my oncologist. Nothing new just checked me out and chatted. I'll go back and see her the week after Thanksgiving.

Sorry for the delay and hope I got everyone up to speed. Tomorrow I plan to get a mani/pedi then have radiation at 3pm. On Friday I have 7am radiation then flight at 10:40 to Palm Springs for our 1 year anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 1 year, and what a year it has been. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband.

Bye for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment