Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trip to Dallas

We arrived back in CA tonight at 7pm. Here is a recap of our trip...

Wednesday: Arrived in Dallas in the afternoon and headed to the Freeman's to have lunch with cousin Melissa and her two children Lucy and Eli. It was so great to see them. We headed to the hotel (Hilton Anatole) and checked in to our lovely King suite which was a surprise. After being up since 4:30am for the flight it was nap time. At this point, still no bone pains! We headed out to Al Biernats steak house. Dinner was great, they even took care of our bottle of wine for use. After dinner went back to the hotel where Mark met up with 3 co-workers that had arrived for the conference events the next day. Off to bed at a normal hour.

Thursday: I was still feeling so well actually checked the class schedule at the fitness center the day before and noticed a 10am yoga class. Had my coffee and headed over to the fitness/spa center. I cannot tell you the last time I did yoga but I've recently done Bikram so was not over concerned. I warned the instructor that my energy level is not up to par and I may have to sit down during the class. Well I managed to finish the entire class with no rests, very impressed with myself. To me, it was not your typical yoga class. We did lots of leg and ab work which was great for me. I had enough time to sit in the hot tub and the steam room before my 12pm massage. I headed up to the spa where I put my robe on and sat and had a cup of tea before my massage started. What a treat that was. I was a little worried that I might have the bone pains and not be able to get the massage (last time I had them Mark could barely touch my skin without it hurting). I headed back to the locker room, put my bathing suit on and out to the pool. When Mark finished his morning activities and lunch he was able to join me. Only lasted about an hour before the rain came. That evening we attended the closing banquet dinner and then had drinks at the Nana bar on the 27th floor. It had amazing views of the city. We were up a little later then planned but had a great time.

Friday: We took our time getting up in the morning, packed, ate and headed back to the Freeman's for the weekend. My Aunt Lynne was home from work and cousin Melissa was still in town with her tow children. Shortly after we arrived it was nap time so everyone but me took a rest. The clouds were out but that did not stop me from relaxing in their pool. After nap time we all got cleaned up and by that time my Uncle Dave was home from work. Margarita's started around 4, so yummy! We had a great family dinner in followed by a cake from Nothing but bundt cakes. It was delicious and I even found out they have on in Los Gatos. I'll be heading there this week (It might even top Sprinkles).

Saturday: Well the kid's were up at 6:30, I slept til 7:30. My Aunt made a casserole served with fresh fruit for breakfast. We really wanted to get another bundt cake for dessert again tonight so Melissa and I headed out to get there early before they sold out. We found out the have a large and small bundt cake, bundtlets, and bundteenies. Well you could get 12 bundteenies for $16.50 so it only made sense that we got 12 so we each could try a taste of the different flavors. When we returned home the rest of the gang was all ready to go to see the Longhorn Stampede at Fort Worth Stock Yards. What a neat thing to see. There were other things to do, a maze (which Lucy and Melissa did twice), petting zoo, pony rides and shops and restaurants. The ladies and kids continued to shop while the men headed to golf. We finished up our shopping/strolling and back to the house we went. Lunch then nap time for the kids. For dinner we went to Baja Grill for some margarita's and Mexican. Once again dinner was followed by the bundt cakes. The ladies, and Mark, decided to stay up and watch It's Complicated. I've been wanted to see it so it worked out great we could all watch it together. Good movie.

Sunday: Finally the sun was shining when we woke up. Of course on the day we were leaving. It was pancakes for breakfast with sausage. The men went golfing again while the ladies and children played in the pool. I had such a great time with Lucy and Eli in the pool. The clouds returned in the afternoon which was fine by that point because I needed to get cleaned up, eat and pack. We got everything organized and left for the airport around 330. We had a great visit and I felt well and was able to enjoy myself. I am so glad the trip worked out and even and added bonus that my cousin was in town visiting with her children. Thanks to the Freeman's and Wyatt's for a great trip. Now Sunday evening good to be back. Just doing was and getting caught up with emails.

I am sure I left some details out but the point of the entry is we had a great time in Dallas with family! Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment