Sunday, July 4, 2010

2 down, 4 to go

Well, I now have 2 chemo treatments down. My chemo started late because my oncologist was behind. My counts were just ok. The doc likes your neutrophils to be 1.5 and mine were 1.43. The NP told us that she might cancel my treatment for the day. Thankfully she did not and I was able to head upstairs and get my poison. She told me that we will try neulasta one more time (this is the shot I give myself the day after treatment to boost WBC's) but if it does not do it's job next time we will switch to neupogen which is a shot that I'd have to give myself once a day for 8-10 days. Please keep your fingers crossed that my counts will be good for next time. I did get the all clear for my trip to Dallas this week. We will be leaving on Wednesday for a conference that Mark is speaking in. We will spend 2 nights at the hotel and then Friday-Sunday at the Freeman's house. We are super excited to see my Aunt, Uncle, cousin Melissa and her two children. It is great to have something to look forward to.

We went out for our routine dinner Thursday night to Los Altos Grill. I must say I was worried about my hair. At one point Mark went to the bathroom and I thought for sure everyone was looking at me. I stopped and looked around and not one person was looking my way. Everyone was going about their business as usual enjoying the evening. It was a great feeling to be out with my new hair for the first time.

Mark headed to Dallas on Friday so I spent the weekend with girlfriends. Thanks ladies for babysitting me. I ventured out yesterday to Stacy's house to sit by the pool but today have spent the day inside resting with Mark. Tomorrow is another day. Hope it brings more energy!

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Jen. It's wonderful how genuine you are writing. You sound good. :] Thinking of you and sending you positive vibes... <3

    ReplyDelete