I had a great week and cannot believe it is over already. My diet started (haha) and I have been picking up my work-out routine. What has been on my mind all week is work. I'll be going back to work this Sunday and I am freaking out! The thought of getting up at 5am makes me sick. Will I remember anything? Will my pts ask me what happened to my hair? Will I make mistakes? Will I get through 8 hours? The list goes on and on. One thing is for sure that I have GREAT co-workers and I know they will support me all the way. It is good that I am starting on Sunday because the weekends tend to be a little less crazy (usually). I am hoping for a nice smooth 8 hour shift. Tomorrow I have an all day Breast Cancer Conference which I am really looking forward to. I'll be getting up at 7 and it does not end until 5pm so I know I will be tired and able to fall asleep Saturday night. Plus, we get an extra hour of sleep:)
I finished week 4 of radiation. My skin is holding on, just looks like a real bad sunburn with some skin peeling in areas. The area under my arm is starting to hurt and irritate me. The fact that my arm rubs the most there (even more so when I exercise) does not help matters. The doctor told me to start doing lotion 4-5 times a day and putting aquaphor on at night. I need to load up my purse and work bag with lotions. Anything to keep my skin holding on.
Well, Sunday will be my first day of returning to "normal" as people like to say. It is really going to be hard. The last 6 months of my life have been filled with chemo, radiation, labs, x-rays, CT scans, doctors, echos, no hair, feeling like crap, and sleeping. Once radiation is over I'll be thrown back in to reality and I must say it is scary. It will be great to have a week in PA for Thanksgiving when I finish radiation to enjoy some time with my family and friends. Then it will really be back to reality.
Hoping for a good night sleep for my big day tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment