Sunday, November 14, 2010

almost done

Work went well on Tuesday and Wednesday however I was exhausted on Wednesday but got through my 8 hour day. That night I met a friend from the YSC and Stacy at the wine bar in the pruneyard. It was hard to keep my eyes open but so glad we were able to meet for a drink. After my treatment on Thursday I saw the doctor and she said my skin was still looking ok although the pain had increased. She said she'd stop in this week on Wednesday to see how I was doing since that is my last day. I'll be getting a PET scan done mid-end of February and then seeing her after I have it done to discuss results. She said she usually does a CT scan but since I am allergic to the dye she'd do the PET first and then CT if we need it. I am hopefully we won't need to do any further tests!

I found out a few weeks ago that my Aunt Lynne and Uncle Dave from Dallas were coming to town to stay at the Ritz for a few nights and they were hoping we could get together. It worked out that I had off on Friday so we had planned to meet for dinner. I talked to my Aunt earlier this week and she asked if Mark would like to golf Friday morning with my Uncle. Mark had planned to take me to radiation so I asked my Aunt if she would like to join me instead. It worked out perfect. The men golfed and the ladies did radiation! After my appt we went over to C2 and I showed her around and introduced her to some co-workers. The next stop was the Stanford Shopping center. It was great having my Aunt with me and nice that I got to show her where my second home is, C2. We met back up at 530 and gave them a quick driving tour of Stanford then had dinner at Lavanda. Dinner was fabulous! I am so glad it worked out that we were able to spend time with them.

I was super tired on Saturday, slept in and even took a long nap in the afternoon. The pain under my arm has been keeping me up at night, NO FUN. I was scheduled to work today but decided to take an "R & R" day. This is my last week of radiation so I do not want to overdue it. I am ready to be done, 1-2-3 more to go. Tomorrow I have radiation and then my f/u echo to see if I still have fluid around my heart. I have not had any chest pain so I am sure that everything will be fine. The nurses are really good and I know they will tell me during the test if they see anything unusual. I do not see my cardiologist until Friday and would really hate if I had to wait that long. Like I said, they usually tell me what they see. I'll be sure to write another post tomorrow with an update.

Off to enjoy a glass of wine, cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment