My first day back at work on Sunday was wonderful. I felt so loved and welcomed. Everyone checked in with me all day to make sure I was doing ok and offer help if needed. I must say, it was also really nice working with pts again. It wasn't before long that I felt that feeling of joy knowing that I love being a nurse. The day went smooth, just took me a little longer do to certain things and I found myself forgetting simple items like alcohol swabs, flushes, tape, etc. This meant making several trips in and out of my pts rooms. All in all it was a good day. Sunday night I was in bed by 10 and felt super tired when I first woke-up. Once I got up and moving and had my coffee I was fine. Monika drove me to radiation which was actually eventful. Over the weekend the skin under my arm had become more red, almost purple, painful, and broken down in one area so I asked to see the doctor before my radiation. Her first recommendation was take a break from tx until Thursday. My response, NO WAY, get it done. After a few more convincing words she agreed to keep moving but said we'd have to take it day by day and keep a close eye on it. It makes it worse b/c there is friction when I swing my arm which I do all day while walking. She prescribed silvadene lotion to apply at night, domeboro, and vigilon. I've been doing my best to keep up with all of it and really hoping it helps. I sure was glad to have a friend there with me for all of this. After my tx Monika and I went to Santana Row for lunch and a little shopping. It was a great day but did not end there. When I got home I had 2 boxes waiting for me from my cousin Melissa. Here she had a dinner party last week with her friends and asked them all to bring something to put in a care package for me. There were so many goodies; books, journals, a scarf, lotion, bath foam, nail polish, lip sticks/glosses, and lots more. After opening all the items I noticed a card. It was signed by my cousin and all the girls along with lots of encouraging messages. It only took a few moments before the tears filled my eyes. How extremely thoughtful of my cousin for organizing this and her friends for getting involved. I am feeling the love from TN, thanks Melissa and friends:)
Today was work for 8 hours then over to the cancer center for radiation. I had a little breakdown on my drive home. I think I was overwhelmed by working and then having to go to radiation (this was the first day I had to do that). I just want to be DONE with all of this. I am so ready to move on. I called Mark crying and he talked me through it like he always does. Same routine tomorrow and hoping I can keep it together.
Night Night...
No comments:
Post a Comment