My appt went very well today. Feels great to have my next plan. I will be getting 28 radiation tx. starting 10/11-11/21. I will for sure get red/pink skin over the areas that they radiate. Some people complain of feeling fatigue towards the end of each week. I discussed returning to work and she told me if I had a desk job then for sure I could do it but given the demands of my job she said it was up to me. She's support whatever decision I made. As of now I have off until 10/31 so if I return 11/1 I'll only have 3 weeks left. I am undecided at this point, have to make some calls tomorrow. As for long-term side effects given it is on my left side, there is a small chance of some heart problems in the future and also problems with my lungs. The other long-term effect would be cancer. I know, it sounds crazy. We are doing something to treat cancer that can cause cancer. Any type of radiation can cause cancer. Of course they have to tell me ALL of the possible side effects. Given the dose and the amount I'll be getting, I am not worried at all. The first step is getting "marked" for radiation. This will be done next week. They will be doing a CT scan and also timing my breathing and mark the areas with a small tattoo where the beams will go during each tx. This will take about an hour. Then I will go back on 10/4 to do a "practice run", as they called it. They do this ahead of time to deal with any kinks they may come across so we aren't dealing with them on the day of. Then I'll get my first radiation tx on Monday 10/11.
That's all for now, my head is tired. Off to watch the Bachelor Pad.
No comments:
Post a Comment