It has been awhile since my last post. I've been super busy with family and friends. I got to PA late on Sunday 11/21 and it's been go, go, go ever since. Monday night I went over to my sister's house to see her and Sadie and Ella. We had a fun night, went out to eat and of course had a dance party when we got home. I love having dance parties with them! Think I love it more then they do:) Mark flew in that night so he was at my parents house when I got back. On Tuesday we went to Roosevelt Paper, where my dad works, to have lunch with him and meet his co-workers. They have all been praying for me so it was so great meeting all of them and I'm sure they liked putting a face with their prayers. From there we drove to Doylestown to visit Bubba and Jess (Bubba is Mark's college friend). They have 2 little girls, Olivia and Maisey. Jess and I enjoyed some girl chat while Mark watched the kid's. He was so nervous that Maisey was going to fall and hurt herself, it was so cute. We had a lovely dinner and drinks then headed back to my parents house. Thanksgiving we went to my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Jerry's house in Denver, PA. That is where we have been going for years. Mark and I have not been there for 3 years so it was nice to be back. It was me, Mark, mom, dad, brother, Kelly, sister, Sadie, Ella, cousin Jerry, Aunt Barbara and Uncle Jerry. It was a great day. That night we all went back to my parents house (minus Sadie and Ella) and played cards. Friday lunch was with my mom, Diane, Martie, Ron, and Maria. It was so nice to see all of them. For dinner we went out for Stacey's birthday which was on 11/20. As you can see it feels like all I've done is eat, sleep, eat, sleep. Saturday night was dinner in West Chester then to our friend Daryl's house for drinks with some friends. We had a nice night, it was so good seeing everyone. I started feeling sick Sunday morning which got worse over the course of the day and in to Monday. My flight was Monday at 430. I called my oncologist office that day for something completely different. They heard my voice and I mentioned that I had to get on a plane later that day and they said that was a bad idea that I should stay put until I am feeling better. Well to make a long story shorter, I called the airline and cancelled my flight and went to the doc on Tuesday. She told me I have bronchitis. They gave me a neb tx in the office, started me on a zpack, inhaler, and cough syrup with codeine. She recommended that I not fly until the end of the week. So here I am still in PA.
I really wanted to get back for Friday b/c my friend Jill was coming up from LA to visit and we have our C2 holiday party Friday night. Well turns out Jill has been sick with a stomach bug so she cancelled her flight so now I plan to stay in town until Saturday or Sunday. I am sad that Jill's trip got changed and sad that I am missing the holiday party this year. I know there is always next year:( This afternoon I am going to venture out after being in the house all week. I am feeling better just can't stop coughing. It's been a nice extended stay with my family. I'll keep you all posted when I am getting back to CA.
No comments:
Post a Comment