We just finished movie night, watched Inception. It was a good movie but a little hard for me to follow. Still not sure I have it figured out. As I mentioned in my last post I have registered for the 3 day walk in Philadelphia. I should have my site up tomorrow and I will post the link. When I did the walk in 2007 a crew member approached me on the night before the closing ceremony and asked me if I would be a back-up flag carrier in the survivor circle if they needed me. It turned out they did not need me. When I saw the 7 women up in the survival circle I knew it was something I'd like to do the next time I did the walk. I decided to call the 800 # listed on the 3 day site and talk to a coach about the walk and how I could be a part of the survival circle. The lady I spoke with was very nice and told me to email her a letter with my story and she would submit it to the Philly coordinator. Well the following day I received an email from Lisa in Philadelphia stating that she would love to have me involved and that she actually want me to be involved in the opening and closing ceremony. So not only will I be walking the walk, I will be carrying a flag with pride in the survival circle on the first and last day of the walk. I am so honored that I have been chosen for such a special part in the walk. It will be great to be up there in my hometown with family and friends there cheering me on. Needless to say this has been the highlight of my week.
Nothing planned for tomorrow until dinner out with Mark. On Sunday Mark and I are going to Watercourse Way in Palo Alto for massages. Looking forward to a relaxing day together. Back to work on Monday.
To bed for now and I will get my site up and post my link this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment