Tuesday, January 11, 2011

better

I had a real difficult week last week. It was my first week of 3 12 hour shifts and they were so busy. My shift last Tuesday was going so well then around 5:30pm the s--- hit the fan. Thankfully I had the support and help from co-workers to get me through the last 2 hours of my shift. Without them I really do not know what I would have done. I woke up that morning so excited for my first support group meeting which started at 7:30pm that night. I typically get off of work at 7:15pm so I knew I'd make it to the meeting on time. Well, as the day got worse I did not get out of work until 7:40pm. I left crying and at this point didn't even want to go to the meeting. Thanks to a pep talk from Monika, she convinced me to go and said they would not care that I was a little late. I arrived at 8pm and am so glad that I decided to go. The group meets twice a month and is for young women survivors. There were 7 ladies, including myself. We all seemed to be at different stages in recovery. Some still getting chemo, some just had surgery, some one-two months out. It was really nice. They meet again next week and I am really looking forward to it.

I worked all weekend and then had a retreat yesterday with my C2 family. It was so nice getting together with everyone outside of work. My friend Jill comes to visit from LA on Saturday. I am waiting to see what the weather is going to do but we are for sure going to Napa for the night on Sunday. We will be meeting up with Jenn and staying with her (thx Jenn, can't wait). It should be a really nice, well deserved, fun weekend!

Tomorrow I will get my second Zoladex injection at 2 and then I will start taking my daily Arimidex pill that night. Some side effects have been fatigue, bone pain and dizziness. I really hope these go away as I continue this treatment.

Heading out for a run, hope the rain holds out...

No comments:

Post a Comment